Friday, October 3, 2008

Connection

Liz rethinking whether she is happy or not reminds me alot of myself, because I sometimes rethink if I'm happy or not. When Liz was asked whether or not she was happy in her old life or not, she thought that she wasn't happy before, when she was still alive, because of her mean brother, average grades, and parents. But, in reality, in her afterlife, she realized that she really was happy before, because her brother really wasn't that mean, and she had had a very sweet boyfriend. I sometimes think my life suks because my parents do alot of evil things to me (from my perspective) and I don't have a say when they bribe me into doing things, that I REALLY don't want to do. Also, my brother is majorly annoying. But really, my parents love me, and I have many many friends that care about me and are really nice and I"m more fortunate than many people. This connection helps me understand what's giong on, because I know how Liz feels. When I"m in the similar situation, I always try to tell myself the good things in my life, and that usually helps, just like Liz did when she first came to Elsewhere.

7 comments:

Julia said...

I feel the exact same way sometimes. At first when I saw you wrote "...when she was alive..." I was going to ask you about it, but then I realized that you explained it in the following sentences.

Hannah said...

yes, she's dead at the moment, and in a place called Elsewhere, instead of Heaven. She got killed by a cab driver while she was riding her bike. From Elsewhere you can watch the people on earth, and she found the person that killed her (it was a hit and run, and the police can't find him) and she wants to go to the Well (a place where you can speak to earthly beings) (like a ghost) wow. that was alot of parentheses
but yeah.

Longhornfan325 said...

U write WAY to much

Hannah said...

jared, would you please actually respnd. i respond to yours, even though they're horrible beyond measure, and you can reply to mine and stop being so stupid.

Longhornfan325 said...

no cause u kalled me stupud

Hannah said...

i did not call you stupid, i said you were acting stupid. and please comment on my next one for realio..pretty please, with a cherry on top.

J. Pingrey said...

I like how you were able to connect to this book, even though it is a little more fantasy than realistic. Sometimes reading really does put things into perspective, for me too. I can relate to your connection because I feel the same way sometimes! I just need someone to remind me that even though I am stressed out, my life is really not that bad; enviable, even, to some degree. it's all perspective, and you articulated that well :)