Friday, October 24, 2008

Book Review of Elsewhere

The book elsewhere was quite enjoyable to read, that's why I would recommend it to everyone (especially teen girls) due to the fact that they are able to relate to the main charcter Liz and her feelings about her family and other relationships she gets caught up in better. Another reason I would recommend this book is the author has tons of creativity. She creates a completely different world (or after world, I geuss) The last reason i would recommend this book is because the author shows you many points that you could either agree with or disagree with.
The main idea of this book is Liz dies by getting hit by a car and having some sort of head trauma (riding bike without helmet.) And on the boat to Elsewhere she meets Thandi who died by getting shot in the head with a gun. She also meets Curtis, a former rock band member that Liz used to like back on earth, and her grandma Betty, and last but not least, Owen, a police officer, that gets Liz in trouble, but ends up getting himself in some trouble too. The book is mainly about her traumas of afterlife and dealing with being dead and not understanding it and not enjoying it. There is no heaven and hell, just Elsewhere.

2 comments:

Brieleigh said...

I have had friends read this, but they never told me if it was good or not. I also never really got what it was about. but this book sounds cool. :D

brieleigh

Julia said...

I totally agree with Brileigh, this sounds like a cool book. Maybe I should read it...or at least put it on my long "Books to read" list...LOL