Friday, September 19, 2008

Setting of Blonde Ambition

As I get into this book, the author is beginning to annoy me with all her detail. Detail is good, but I like being able to make my own picture and infer what the setting is, or what it looks like, instead of having a forced image inside my head. This book takes place in Beverly Hills, California. Rich, blonde snobs and palm trees line the streets. All of them wearing dark sunglasses and driving convertables. This takes place in the present, where there is an internship office on the set of Hermosa Beach (hot new tv show) and the Palm Springs Desert. I am also very envious of Cammie's bathroom. It's extreme to the point where I don't even thing I would call it a bathroom anymore. There's a pale pink sucken Jacuzzi tub, a seperate stall shower with twelve jets at various levels, and pale pink fluffy rugs to dry your feet on. I'm not big on pink, but it still sounds luxurious.
I also got a perfect picture of the perfect boy's room.(Ben's) There's blue carpet covering the floor, and the twin sized bed is made of mahogony wood. One wall has a plasma screen tv. One wall is lined with slots of c.d.s. The last wall has a desk and studying area complete with PC, color printer, fax machines and answering machines. There's also a bookcase full of photos of Ben in plays and other activities when he was little.

4 comments:

Julia said...

Cool...I want that bathroom!

Julia said...

I saw what you wrote on my blog today and I was just wanting to reply:
That would be so cool to go to Germany or anywhere in Europe or anywhere in the world for that fact...too bad you didn't get to go...

Longhornfan325 said...

gosh now im jealous. wen i get rich im guna have better just you wait

J. Pingrey said...

I must agree with you. And even given the fact that the book is titled "Blonde Ambition," the setting is definitely extreme; actually , I think I'd call it absurd! Well, I guess it's all a matter of perspective-I'm sure some people who read the book live like that...not most people though! I would agree, I am envious of her bathroom!

I liked how you picked a few "key places" to describe in depth. Sometimes that is the easiest way to go about the assignment when the setting includes a lot of places.

Hope the book is a "fun read."